All guests must be accompanied by a member at all times while on Club premises.
Cellular Phone and Electronic Device Policy:
The use of electronic devices for communication, including texting, is prohibited on Club grounds, except inside the phone booth in the Clubhouse or an automobile. Smart phones or tablets may, however, be used to take or display photographs. E-readers such as the Kindle, iPad and other devices are not permitted. The use of any electronic device to view or transmit video content is also prohibited.
Attire for Clubhouse & Dining Areas:
First floor of the Clubhouse
- a jacket is required during the day for dining and a jacket plus a tie for evening dining.
Second floor of the Clubhouse
- informal attire is acceptable during the day and a jacket is preferred, but not required for evening dining.
Pool Porch -
informal attire is appropriate for dining during the day and in the evening.
- a coat is preferred, but not required for dining during the day and a coat is required and a tie is optional for evening dining.
- follows the informal attire guidelines as the minimum.
Acceptable informal attire
for men and boys consists at a minimum of:
- a collared shirt - polo; no tee shirts
- trousers or shorts - no jeans or cut-off shorts or skirts shorter than 4" above the knee and no cargo type shorts/pants
- no ball caps worn in the Clubhouse
- the following are not considered proper attire - blue jeans, tee shirts, "short" shorts or "cargo" type pants/shorts
No gratuities may be given to any member of the staff.
The Onwentsia Club’s buildings are entirely smoke-free. Per City of Lake Forest Ordinance, no smoking is permitted in any outdoor dining areas, in the presence of a Club employee or within 25 feet of any building entrance.